I love dry curries / poriyals for rotis especially when its for lunch. Last time when I took a bunch of baby corn, I made stir fry which was perfect to go with both rice and rotis. I loved it with rotis and the family enjoyed with sambar rice.
The next post is for a special occasion, guess what? Keep guessing by then I will get ready with the post for Monday :)
1. Heat oil in a non stick pan, add the ingredients under 'to temper' allow it to crackle. Then add onion, saute till slightly browned. Then add tomatoes saute till raw smell leaves.
2. Then add turmeric, red chilli, sambar powder and required salt. Meanwhile parboil baby corn with water till immersing level. Drain water and add cooked baby corn to the masala.
3.Mix well then add capsicum and saute for 2 mins. Then add tomato sauce(this is purely optional, I added it for mittus sake). Stir once and allow the masala to blend well for 2mins. Then garnish with coriander leaves and switch off.Serve hot with rice or rotis. Tomato sauce adds a tanginess to the stir fry so I prefer adding it.
- You can even add garam masala powder and skip sambar powder.
- Adding tomato sauce is purely optional,I added it as mittu likes the tanginess.
- You can also pressure cook baby corn for 2 whistles to cook it.