Paneer tikka is my favourite starter and I luv the smoky flavour the best in it. When I chanced to see this recipe in a local magazine, I gave a instant try and this has become my family favourite now. Achari paneer tikka is a chilli based paneer marinade grilled.
- For the achari marinade : First add the garlic, green chilli paste/pickle, curd and blend it in a mixer to a smooth paste. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Combine all the ingredients under 'to grind to a coarse powder' and blend in a mixer to a coarse powder.
- Combine the prepared curd paste and the coarse powder in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.Now the marinade is ready.
- Take paneer cubes and combine it well with the achari marinade in the bowl and toss gently for it to coat on all sides.Keep marinated for 20mins.
- Preheat oven at 210 deg C . Meanwhile arrange the marinated paneer pieces on skewers / baking tray, apply oil on all sides.
- Once preheated grill the marinated paneer cubes at 210 deg C for 15-18mins until the paneer pieces turn golden brown. Make sure you turn over in between for even grilling.Remove from the skewer and serve hot with hot sweet chutney or tomato sauce.
The green chillies with garlic and other flavours in the curd gives a very nice flavour to the tikkas. This time I didnt use skewers, I just arranged them in the baking tray and inserted them in toothpick for serving.
- First combine jaggery with water, filter to remove impurities.
- Add jaggery water to a pan and heat it. When bubbles start oozing out and starts thickening add the tamarind pulp and allow it to boil for 5-7 mins until the raw smell of tamarind leaves.
- Now add honey, chilli powder, chilli flakes and salt...allow it to boil for another 5mins and then switch off.
- I used the grill option in my oven which works best for tikkas.
- You can use any pickle of your choice if you do not have green chilli pickle or use green chilli paste.
- I dry roasted green chillies for 3-5mins then grinded it to get the green chilli paste.
- You can use either skewers or arrange it directly on the baking tray itself.
Serve hot with hot sweet chutney or tomato sauce.....Yummy combination. This chutney was an apt combination.
Technorati Tags: paneer achari, paneer achari tikka, sharmis passions paneer, paneer recipes, easy paneer recipes, paneer startersWritten by: SHARMILEE J