Having urad dal flour ready at home is easy for making murukku, seedai and many indian snacks. We can make it at home and store it and use whenever needed. You can check out the homemade rice flour recipe here.
Homemade Urad Dal Flour
Urad Dal - 1 cup
- Heat a pan, dry roast urad dal in a pan until slightly golden browned and nice aroma comes. Cool down completely.
- Transfer to a mixer and Grind it to a fine powder.
- Sieve it. Then again grind the coarse powder and then sieve it, doing in batches. Roast the sieved flour till nice aroma comes.Store the urad dal powder in an airtight container.
- You can dry roast the urad dal flour even before using it for snacks or roast and store too like how I did.You can grind it in bulk and store it for around 6months.
- Make sure your mixture is completely dry before griding.
Written by: SHARMILEE J