Thanks for all ur wishes….My lil one did have a nice time and enjoyed the day thoroughlly!! Now recipe time…
Baby Corn Manchurian Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Side dish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
For the batter :
Baby Corn – 10 cut into half
Cornflour – 2 tbsp
Maida – 1 tbsp
Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp
Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – to toast
For the manchurian:
Oil – 1 tbsp
Capsicum – 1 small size cut into ½ inch squares
Garlic – 2 tsp minced
Big Onion- 1 finely chopped
Soya sauce – 1/2 tsp
Tomato sauce – 2 tbsp
Green Chilli Sauce – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Spring onions chopped – 2 tbsp (both white part and green part)
- Parboil baby corn until it turns slightly soft yet crunchy enough to bite.. Drain water and keep aside. In a mixing bowl mix all the ingredients under ‘for the batter’ add little water to form a thick paste and marinate baby corn for 15mins.
- Make sure the coating sticks to the veggie.Toast the baby corn with oil in dosa tawa until crispy/roasted well(You can deep fry too), Set aside.
- Toast them until golden brown and drain in tissue paper and set aside.Get all the ingredients ready for the manchurian.Heat oil in a pan and add garlic and spring onions white part saute for a minute.
- Add onion saute until slightly browned,Then add capsicum and saute for 2mins. Let the onions and capsicum retain its crispiness and do not let them turn brown.Then add soya sauce and mix well in high flame.
- Now reduce flame and add green chilli sauce,tomato sauce with little water,required salt and bring the sauce to boil. Add the toasted baby corn and mix well. Garnish with spring onions green part and serve hot.
Serve hot as a starter or with veg fried rice.
- You can deep fry baby corn until crispy and add it to the sauce.Do not let it become soggy. Serve immediately.
- Adding onions is purely optional, you can skip that too.
- Marinating baby corn in the batter gives a nice firm outer layer.
- Chilli sauce and soy sauce forms the base for any manchurian. I used green chilli sauce as I had only that, you can add the red chilli sauce too.
- The consistency is purely your choice, you can make it saucy like how I have did or make it dry too.
- Always serve hot as it may turn soggy when resting time is given.
- You can even add 1 tsp cornflour mixed with 2tbsp water and add it along with tomato sauce , this is just to make the sauce thick
- Make sure not to saute the veggies for a long time in the sauce as the veggies need to be crisp.
- Dont add more soya sauce than the mentioned amount else it will change the taste and make the manchurian more darker in color.