Written by: SHARMILEE J
Again a recipe from our cook at office, where he served this as a evening snack a few weeks back....it was soo tasty that I wanted another plate ;) But the variation I made was to use poha instead of steamed rice flour as the lazy me found poha instant still not much difference in taste.
- Poha - 1 cup thick or thin [The orginal recipe was to use steamed shredded rice flour - the puttu flour]
- Peanuts - 1/2 cup
- Jaggery - 4 tbsp powdered or syrup[just mix with water]
- Coconut - 1 tbsp [optional I didnt use]
- Elachi powder - 1 tsp
- Ghee- just to shape them
- Soak poha in water for 5mins, drain water and keep poha aside.
- Dry roast peanuts in a tawa until they turn light brown. Peel of skin and blend it with poha to a coarse mixture resembling breadcrumb texture. Add jaggery, coconut,elachi powder and grind it once again just to combine everything. NOTE: Add jaggery water little by little to avoid the dough to become watery.
- Make them into small balls or any of your preferred shape. Add ghee for shaping them to avoid stickiness.
Its easy and a tasty snack!!!
And I am sending this to Divyas Healthy Sunday snacks